Our Coral Lakes chapter of The Pap Corps has a very active fundraising program for all types of cancer research. We welcome and invite all new residents, male and female, and our Coral Lakes neighbors who have not yet become members to join with us to imagine and help create a world without cancer. This website was created in 2023 to provide our members, friends, family and businesses that support us with the reasons we are dedicated to combating cancer, the success our efforts have made and our goals which we plan to achieve with your thoughtful and continued support.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research, was formed in 1952 and has grown into the largest volunteer fundraising organizations in South Florida. Our 50 plus local chapters with over 20,000 members raise funds which are used for groundbreaking cancer research and to bring in world renown cancer researchers to work on eradicating all forms of cancer. To date we have raised $110 million. The positive results from the researchers and doctors we fund have been so incredible that is has intensified our enthusiasm, passion and commitment to make our vision to imagine and help create a world without cancer a reality.
All funds that are raised by our chapters benefit the vital research programs at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, which was awarded with our help, the prestigious NCI designation as the National Cancer Institute’s only highly selected cancer center in South Florida and one of a small group of the very best cancer centers in the United States.
U.S. News and World Report, in their 2022-2023 best cancer hospitals in the United States report listed Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center as the only cancer center they chose in the state of Florida.
TO USE OUR WEBSITE
For additional information you can click any of the bars on the right side of this page or where it indicates CLICK HERE below. These are a few suggestion to start with as you browse our website:
1. To join or renew membership click the MEMBERSHIP/RENEWAL bar and you will be given the option to choose payment by credit card or by check. If you have questions about membership CLICK HERE .
2. Besides dues and attending our sponsored events there are many other important ways to contribute to cancer research. Please consider The Pap Corps when you make your decisions to donate to charitable organizations. The Pap Corp was awarded the 2022 Platinum Seal of Transparency from GuideStar, an informational service that reports on United States nonprofits, to enable donors to make better decisions regarding their charitable giving. Please click the WAYS TO GIVE bar for many suggestions on how you can contribute and help us to continue to work towards accomplishing our vision to imagine and create a world without cancer. What a wonderful gift each of us have an opportunity to give to our children and our grandchildren.
3. We are always looking for volunteers to join our team with computer skills or on our many event and fundraising committees. If you have an interest please click the VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES bar. Your assistance is important and valued. If you would like to discuss this you can contact Arlene Orkin at 954-298-0478 or CLICK HERE .
4. Our chapter provides many events and activities throughout the year for the enjoyment of our members and our community. Proceeds from these events goes to cancer research. All residents of Coral Lakes are invited and welcome to join us. For information on our events click the CHAPTER EVENT SCHEDULE bar in the right column.
5. We provide a wide assortment of creative sympathy, anniversary, holiday, congratulations, get well and other tribute greeting cards available for purchase by our members, neighbors. friends and family. Every dollar raised goes directly to Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center for cancer research. For additional information click the TRIBUTE GREETING CARDS bar in the right column.
6. To join our email list and receive advanced information on our events and activities click the JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST bar for easy-to-use instructions.
7. If you are a member of The Pap Corp you will have special access to the Physician Referral Committee to expedite an appointment at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. Click the PATIENT REFERRALS bar for complete details.
8. Read our CL CHAPTER PRESIDENTS MESSAGE by clicking on the first bar in the right column. For additional information or comments you want to share with our chapter president CLICK HERE.
9. Patronize our sponsors who have donated funds to our chapter for cancer research by scrolling down to the bottom of this page or by clicking the SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS bar. We thank our sponsors for their support and we would like to give them ours. For information on becoming a sponsor CLICK HERE.
When you finish the steps above do not forget to click the LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PAP CORPS bar which will take you to our corporate website where you can learn more about what we accomplish with the funds we raise for critical cancer research and about our long-term successful relationship with Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. Learn about our GARDEN OF HOPE located on the campus of the Sylvester Deerfield Beach hospital and if you are a Pap Corps member join with our other members and preorder a Florida state license by going to THE PAP CORPS LICENSE PLATE bar in the right column.
SPONSOR OUR WEBSITE (under construction)
To navigate our events calendar, you can click on each event to open the calendar and see more details. For those events that require registration, you can click the ‘Event Registration’ button, which will allow you to download the flyer or order form, which you can then print and submit with your payment.
February 26th, 2023
January 22nd, 2023
November 29th, 2022